is a LINK Good Neighbour Scheme ?
is a team of volunteers
set up to
supplement the assistance
provided by statutory bodies in a personal, confidential and friendly
way. LINK is organised by a committee of local people who oversee the
general running of the scheme.
AIM to help people of all ages and circumstances who live within
Great Bedwyn, Little Bedwyn and St. Katharines.
need help, call the LINK help line number: 870120 or Contact: Mary
coordinator will take your call and contact a volunteer who will be
able to help you.
us at any time of day. If the answer phone is in operation,
please leave your name and number - we will call you back) If possible,
please give at least 24 hours notice.
WE CAN HELP YOU
- hospital appointments and
- surgery, dental and clinic
- visits to the optician
- visits to the chiropodist
- lifts to meetings and social
- collecting prescriptions,
- local shopping, changing
- occasional small jobs in the
- in the event of illness we
- small emergency DIY jobs
Please ring, and if we cannot help you, we may be able to put you in
touch with someone who can.
YOU CAN HELP US
- spare some time
- put your skills and experience
- offer help with transport
- You may be able to help someone
- You can give as little or as
your time as you wish.
- We offer a mileage allowance if
volunteer to drive for us.
- You can always say NO if it is
convenient when asked !
We are always looking for volunteers to expand the range of help we can